Organic African Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) comes from the nuts of the karite tree (Mangifolia tree) in Central Africa. African women have used it for hundreds of years as a skin and hair revitalizer, moisturizer and hairdressing.
They rubbed it all over their bodies to beautify and protect the skin from the harsh influences of the sun and wind. They held that Shea Butter also has anti-aging properties, heals small cracks and wounds, and softens the skin.
African Shea Butter has distinctive nutty odor and many natural beneficial properties. It helps to treat many minor dermatological diseases such as skin irritations, diaper rash, itching skin due to dryness, minor burns and wounds. It also helps in the treatment of dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. It is very effective when used on sun-damaged skin, or after long periods of sun exposure. It also works to prevent early aging and wrinkles. Regular use helps to prevent the appearance of stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Use it as a daily facial skin moisturizer to rejuvenate and revitalize.
- Use on dry, flaky skin in places such as knees, elbows, feet and hands to moisturize, nurture and replenish.
- Use it after a bath or shower to increase softness and suppleness of your skin and for stretch mark prevention.
- Use on dry hair or flaky areas of the scalp and on hair tips as a moisturizer and as an aid in hair repair.
- Use as hot oil treatment for the hair and scalp to relieve itchy, dry or flaky scalp.
Important note: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the statements contained herein. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional health care provider.