Certified Organic Golden Jojoba oil (Simmondsia Chinesis) comes from the bean of the jojoba shrub, native to the desert regions of the American Southwest. The beans are collected and crushed mechanically in a process known as cold or expeller pressing". The oil is then filtered, and is still golden in color. It is composed of waxy esters, the structure of which closely resembles our skin's surface layer, called the sebum (natural moisturizing oils secreted by our skin). That's why jojoba oil is an excellent natural moisturizer and is ideal for all skin types. It also contains myristic acid which has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and which makes jojoba oil effective aid in skin acne treatment. When gently massaged into the skin or hair, it acts as an emulsifier, unclogs the pores, lifts up embedded impurities and restores skin's and hair's natural pH balance. Native Americans have traditionally used jojoba oil for treatment of wounds, skin afflictions and as hair tonics. Due to its antioxidant properties jojoba oil is an excellent anti-wrinkle treatment. As we age the production of natural skin wax esters decreases, which leads to dry, dull skin appearance. Using jojoba oil replenishes our skin sebum and helps to alleviate wrinkles and fine lines. At the same time it has the ability to slow sebum production in people with oily skins and helps to control skin acne and oily scalp.
- Use on dry, flaky skin to moisturize, nurture and replenish.
- Use on mature and wrinkled skin to restore elasticity and firmness.
- Use as an aid in treating skin acne problems.
- Use for eye makeup removal and as a facial cleanser.
- Use as a carrier massage oil all over the body.
- Use as a skin lotion after a bath or shower to increase softness and suppleness of your skin.
- Use on dry hair or flaky areas of the scalp as a moisturizer and as an aid in hair repair.
- Use as hot oil treatment for the hair and scalp to relieve itchy, dry or flaky scalp.
Packaging: 4 oz (120 ml) recyclable plastic bottle.
Important note: The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated the statements contained herein. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat and cure or prevent disease. Always consult with your professional health care provider.